Saturday, February 25, 2006

Dude has the Look

When I was a kid, I had an Uncle who had a haircut like this (yeh, and he was a right fanny with ears too, I can tell you! Psst, Alison &Tracy, I'm talking about Uncle George*) This moment in time (circa 1973) was a kind of mania - a collective delusion. I look at this guy and wonder - genuinely wonder - what he was thinking at the time he walked into the barbers (no poncy hairdressers for blokes then of course!) and asked for this 'look'. I wonder too, if he was pleased as he strode down the street, strutting his stuff.

My mate rosiemosy, wrote a cracking little piece about her dalliance with 'Big Hair' (My Stuff). Although it looks a bit kooky now, it is a billion miles more credible than this monstrosity of a haircut. The universality of cackness that this represents, surely transcends time, place and culture - apart, that is, from hip and happening Britain in the early '70's. For a fateful blink of time, this was 'the Look'

* Alison's my lil sister; Tracy's my cousin.

7 Comments:

Blogger Rosymosie said...

Now that's kewl hair Colin. I reckon it came back when I was a teenager LOL.

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh that's scary. Happy birthday big brother xxx

2:46 PM  
Blogger Gerry Bunt said...

krewl hair rosymosie - a devil's haircut!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Gerry Bunt said...

Thanks Al, having a bizarre day!! :-)

5:22 PM  
Blogger Gerry Bunt said...

... and I'm well chuffed that my sister can comment on here without being a member of Blogger. I like open forums.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Rosymosie said...

You will like it until you get spam comments LOL. I got some of them.

1:13 AM  
Blogger Gerry Bunt said...

'Sculptural magnificence'! Wow, like that Tracy. Bet that look is still with them over there, aint it? It is good to hear from you. I like that non-members can put their five cents worth in around here. Cool.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home