Monday, February 27, 2006

The Rat is Dead

The creature had been plaguing us for three days and nights. It was somewhere in my front room for three days and nights, and it was driving Rags insane. The poor old pooch got so uptight that he shat himself today - diahorrea everywhere. After reassuring my daughters that it would not chew through any cables, the creature chewed through our phone cable. I could not tolerate this undermining of my credibility in the eyes of my adoring children - enough is enough. I have stalked the creature with a 1.77 air pistol for two days. It's time to call in Dave the Dan, the man of many...

And so we did. By this time, the creature had been trapped up the chimney. We decided to smoke the bastard out. With fire ablaze I turned to Dave and said, half jokingly, "Let's just hope he doesn't fall into the fire and come charging out at us..."
Guess what! At that very moment there was a plop and a blurr of fur came streaking out of the ashes reducing Dave and I to girly shrieks (a hilarious sound of screams and kerfuffle according to my giggling family). Dave was stamping his foot on the floor, convinced the creature had run up his trouser leg. I was frozen on the spot for... I don't know how long.

However, we soon regained our composure and proceeded to hunt the creature. It was already hampered by the smoke and a pellet which I had winged it with yesterday. Eventually, - after numerous pot shots with the pea-shooter - I dispatched it with a fatal shot.

The taking of a life - even that of a big brown rat - is taken very seriously by the Sylvannian Family Community, to which I act as Community Daddy. And so Monty the wise weasel ("he's not an otter!"), and P.C. Badger came to inspect the body of the fallen rat who had dominated things round here over the last few days. Monty shock his head wearily, turned to myself and Dave the Dan, and said, scathingly - "don't give up the day jobs fellas."
"Mr Reeky ain't gonna like this," I muttered under my breath...

8 Comments:

Blogger Rosymosie said...

What a pair of intrepid warriors, Oh Colin and Dave the Dan. Magnificent effort in spite of what Mr. Reeky says. How brave. In spite f girly shrieks, killing the monster rat. Obviously a 6 foot rat, because only one that size would shame out intrepid heroes into standing on a chair.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is only sleeping Guys. The Return of Reeky in "Zombie Reeky's Revenge" will open locally in your next dream. Ken

12:50 PM  
Blogger Rosymosie said...

Remember the bad guys never die. Just when you think you've got them, they jump up and attack again.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Gerry Bunt said...

He screamed the highest! Honest!!!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Rosymosie said...

Whatta ya mean "girly shrieks"? You're guys and you shriek, I don't, and I'm a girl. Maybe they should be boyey shrieks hehehehe

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

reminds me of that Movie about the mouse and the the two brothers. They demolished the house trying to get that mousey. I would shriek if I saw a burning rat leap out of the fireplace ready to knaw through anything. Poor Dan, his first response was in defense of his precious royal jewels. Hmmm! tasty and devlish says Reeky.

2:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

rofl! thats it....
:-D
REY!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Gerry Bunt said...

Dunc, you made my nostrils flare ya bastard - now I feel about 1,000 years old...

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home